Saturday, July 22, 2006

Plantar Fasciitis and Bug Bites and Sunburn, Oh My!


And yet, it was wonderful. Go figure.

We did a wildflower hike today. Which means that most of the hike was painstakingly slow, but beautiful. (But don't dare ask me to identify a single wildflower or I will have to hurt you. The names went in one ear and out the other. I liked looking, though.)

We began at the Caron Pass Information Center off of Highway 88. We went up to Frog Lake, then Winnemucca Lake and had lunch. A few of us then continued on to Round Top Lake. Total distance: 6.28 miles. It's hard to say how long it took us. My garmin, after cutting out for auto-pauses, said we were on the move for over four and a half hours. Walking or standing around looking at flowers, that's a long time on the footsies. Total elevation gain: about 700'.


Hence the title. My Plantar Fasciitis is killing me (thank goodness the heels don't take any pressure when cycling as I'm joining the local bike club for their slower Sunday ride tomorrow), I've got some weird bug bites around my ankles (ant bites?), and I'm sunburned despite spraying sunscreen twice. Ugh!

The last mile down was pretty miserable because my feet absolute ached. I'll be paying for a while with the bug bites and sunburn.

Still, I wouldn't trade a minute of it.


Oh, and sorry for not having any wildflower pictures. I made the mistake of being frugal with battery power (forgot extras) and thinking I'd be able to zoom in on the flowers in more scenic shots. Um... don't try that yourself. Take close-ups.

No comments: