Thursday, August 03, 2006

Runnin' Runnin' and Runnin' Runnin'

OK, I'm back! After thoroughly enjoying a recharge day yesterday, I woke up ready to run, and not just because I had a new toy to try out.

In fact, when I thought for a minute that I had misunderstood my roommate's schedule and I wouldn't be able to run after all (someone always needs to babysit my slightly psycho dog), I actually became very annoyed! Lucky for my roommate, I quickly figured out that I had *just* enough time to get in today's scheduled run.

Somewhere on today's route, I enjoyed an interesting little shift in attitude. Maybe it's because today's training run is the last run in the C25K (couch to 5k) where the plan includes interrupting my run to walk. Maybe it's because of my reaction to the idea of not being able to run. Maybe I've just lost it. But, whatever the cause, today is when it happened: I felt like a runner. I feel like I can stop saying, "I'm training myself to run," and start saying, "I'm a runner."

Yeah. I'm a runner. I like that.

Today's Run: 2.84 miles in 38:44 (including warm-up and cool-down). Overall pace: 13:37/mi. Running pace: 12:06. Flat course.

No comments: