- OK, there it is. Let's get up and go!
- But it's cozy and warm and I'm really tired.
- Do you remember how good it felt yesterday to get out and run? Our gear is all ready to go.
- Yes, that was nice, but we're really, really tired and a bit worn down. When's the last time we took a rest day?
- Um.... I dunno....
- Aren't rest days important?
- Er... yes... I guess...
- Let's think about it. You can't take a rest day tomorrow because you have a club ride. Thursday is your partner run. Do you really want to wait until Friday to rest?
- Why, you're awfully convincing.
- I know I am. Reset the alarm and all will be well. We can get up early tomorrow.
- Of courzzzzzzz........
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I Lost the Argument... But the War is not yet Over
So, here's how the argument with myself went this morning upon the ring of the alarm: