Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Food on the Wagon Tastes Better

Well, isn't that weird.

For some reason, I decided not to go to the gym today. OK, I'm tired; it's understandable. When contemplating dinner, nothing sounded good. Well, let's be a little more accurate. I seemed determined to have fast food, and nothing sounded good. I decided that Doritos would be good, though.

OK, 7-11 it became. I'll take a free day. (That seemed to be the plan, somehow, before it even became the plan. Weird.) So, anyway, she who is so determined to eat junk food... how about Doritos, Stouffer's Lasagna, a chocolate bar, and a coke. Well, that's certainly some crappy food, isn't it? That's something I would do regularly in my past life.

So, here we go. One free day and some good old fashioned junk food.

It tasted... like... meh.

Shouldn't it have been delicous?

Isn't it always more delicious than the healthy stuff?

Well, isn't it?

Apparently, it isn't.

I had the same "problem" on recent controlled (reasonable; within caloric limits) "cheats" at fast food. I chalked it up to bad cooks or stale food. But it seems that no, really, crap food tastes like crap. I'm not missing out on any delicious food after all.

Have I really been wrong all this time?

When did healthy food become the delicious food?

Isn't that weird?

Isn't that wonderful?

No comments: