Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pressing Play

For the past week, I've allowed myself to eat right around maintenance. My body has responded in exactly the expected manner: I've flatlined. Actually, I'm impressed with just about how perfectly I've flatlined. My daily weight on the scale doesn't even have the expected water-weight fluctuation. How bizarre is that?

Now, while some people may think this flatline is a bad thing, I think it's perfect. It shows that the math I've been using is right on. It also shows that my relationship with food is becoming much improved. Despite being more relaxed with my nutrition, I haven't been overeating or bingeing. (And I haven't been eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for breakfast...) Overall, it's been a great experiment. And I think it's been a good break for my body, as well.

So, I've had the weight loss on pause for a week now. That's enough. Today I press play and continue on.

No comments: