Friday, May 08, 2009

Doctor, I Think She's Losing It

I don't know what deficiency this is a sign of (iron? zinc? brownie?), but I might be losing my mind. I got a flyer in the mail today from a local county parks & rec - they host the flat century ride that I'm planning to ride later this year. I opened it, expecting information on that ride.

It wasn't that, but they apprently have two other events to advertise. One is a 36 mile poker run (first ever for the area). Sounds interesting, and I might sign up. The other is a "sprint" triathlon. Swim 1/3 mile, bike 14 mles, run 5k. You know, I think to myself, I could do that one day. I look more closely, thinking, when is this, anyway?

August 15.

I might just be able to do that by then.

I must be losing my mind.

But I might be able to.

No, I wouldn't have a snowflake's chance in the Sahara of winning anything, but I could finish. Since age classes go up to 85, I might not even come in last.

By August... I could do this.

Son of a gun, am I ready to become a triathlete this year?

2 comments:

Arnþór L. Arnarson said...

Go for it. :)

Karen said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still thinking about it, but you can see my latest post for the reason for even more trepidation.